My Buddy!

Over a year ago I got the opportunity to meet and hang out with one of the mothers from my preschool class. From that day on we have had a great time hanging out. Turned out we had so much in common. Before Cindy, I didn't have someone to call or text whenever I wanted. I was challenged in the area of making friends I guess you can say. I had some issues back in high school that left me scared. So from that time on I avoided the opportunity of making close friendships with other women. I kept every woman I knew and met at arms length.

Around the time I met Cindy, God had been dealing with me about this issue. I knew and told myself to be vulnerable to other women. To me that was scary. I had stuck with those feelings for over 13 years.

So for the last year I have had such a fun time hanging out with my buddy. We have got to enjoy so many things together this past year, being pregnant...having babies....going to church together...joining Maps...sewing...and so much more. Cindy, I love being your best bud. I couldn't ask for a better friend. Thank you for putting up with a friend that has issues. I know it's been tough. I look forward to all the years to come. Thanks buddy!

7 comments:

Mrs. Dunbar said...

Wow, I thought you guys had been friends FOREVER. I glad you two have each other.

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel! I didn't know you were a blogger!

Good for you- being vunerable is so hard. And look at what God rewarded you with- an amazing friend. I am so glad you are coming to MAP. I look forward to getting to know you better at future MNOs!

Cyndi said...

Glad you both are a part of MAP.....Looking forward to getting to you girls:)

Cyndi said...

oops.....getting to KNOW you girls:o)

My Three Little Birds... said...

You are an amazing friend.

Rachel said...

You are an amazing friend too!

My Three Little Birds... said...

Had to read this post again...it makes me smile every time. I've been trying to post one for you too. It's taking me a little longer than I thought.