New Year, New Things

Well we are now into the new year and the new year always brings us new things. This year will hopefully be a little more different then last year. I have tried to start the new year out on a different foot then last year. Here is a list of some of the things that I want to do different this year.

1. Pray more (specifically on my knees). Something my Dad taught me which is important. Turn off all distractions and give God all your undivided attention.

2. Read and memorize scripture more. It's important to spiritually be ready and prepared with scripture in our hearts and minds. They comfort us in times of trials and testing. Right now I'm reading in the book of James. Went through it once and I'm now on my second time journaling as I go through.

3. Read more books. I need to enlighten myself and not veg out in front of the boob tube. I just finished Forgotten God by Francis Chan. It is amazing!!!!! Seriously if you haven't read it I strongly suggest you do!!! One of my favorite quotes from his book, "We were made to lay down our lives and give until it hurts."

4. Step into a leadership role at M.F.I. My Family Incorporated, A Womens Place. For those of you who do not know I have been volunteering at a substance abuse rehabilitation center. I started out cutting hair once a month now I'm there once or more a week. God has given me a desire to help and love these women and mothers.

I know for sure their will be more that God will have me do and that is a prayer of mine. I know I can do more for him. We all know we are doing something good for God's kingdom when he asks us to step out our comfort zone. That is where I am. I would have never imagined that I would be where God has me. But I can tell you I would never want to go back to where I was. To see God's hands at work and to see lives changing is priceless.

0 comments: