Getaway!

This weekend Sandals Church had their annual Marriage Getaway. We had not planned on going due to financial reasons at the time of registration. Well Duane has worked hard and saved up some money in the last few months. So Thursday night I mention to him "lets sign up on the waiting list?" He responded with"What?" "No way, it's way to late it will never happen." So I came back with "You never know all she can say is no."
So I send an e-mail to sign up.
Well guess what Friday morning I get a call someone canceled.

We got to go!! Yeah!!


It was AMAZING!! Well it always is.
This was the view from our room.

Pastor Matt challenged us in so many ways. He had us look at our lives to see what we are treasuring.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21
Saturday he continued and led us into discovering what our true treasure is.
Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you 2 Timothy 1:14
I love the conversations his message stirred up in our groups and alone. To see other people and ourselves being so real and allowing God to move in us was great!

I am so looking forward to next year!

1 comments:

pearmama said...

Lucky!!

They always give a sneak peek of whats in store for next year...did they decide to stay in Palm Springs?

Oh, and I loved what you did to the bathroom. You have discovered my secret! Paint it white, sand it and make it look old and weathered. I have a hard time trying not to do that to everything I own. :-)