Crock-potting


My experiment for the next two weeks is to cook using my crock-pot. Tonight was the first night. I made homemade chicken nuggets tomorrow is eggplant parmesan. Alicia from MAP suggested this blog crockpot365.blogspot.com. I needed something like this to help me with time management in the kitchen. I really don't like being in the kitchen all day. You know what I mean breakfast, dishes, lunch, then prep for dinner, clean up from dinner, and then dishes again.

So keeping with our budget I planned our meals for the next two weeks as usual. Did my shopping and only spent $92.00 of the $100 we budgeted for, remember that's for two weeks for a family of four 1/2. Duane was very proud of me. I hope these next two weeks go well. We were getting used to eating out all the time. Spending way too much money. What I spend now is amount of about 3 nights eating out. Sitting at the dinner table every night is so nice and peaceful well, when the kids aren't fighting.

I will be updating soon and let you know how it's going. Hey Chappy if your reading she has a lot gluten free recipes.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Rachel!
I've checked out her blog before. Isn't it incredible??!!
I love The verdict section. Plus, I bet it's good for you cause she has kids and always informs you what her kids thought!
Miss you.