Jackie this is for you!

I found this very cute free purse pattern through a blog that I recently started to follow. It is www.graceviolet.com and the purse is called Buttercup Bag Tutorial at Made by Rae. I had to increase the size about 2-3 inches bigger all over. The size that printed out would only hold a few things. So I went and found some very cute velvet on CLEARANCE! I love it, it reminded me a little of Mary Poppins you know what I'm talking about her carpet bag that could hold anything. I also thought of my buddy Cindy's mother in law Jackie. She had shared with me on her last trip out here a few websites that had some free purse patterns. So Jackie, that is why this is for you. I got to recycle an old pair of jeans. I used the back pocket on the inside and some other parts of the jeans on the outside as well.


I found some very cute buttons for one side of the strap. I really enjoyed this project. I made this purse earlier in the week. It took a while to post, I have been working on a few things. I had a great idea after making this bag. Wait to see. Turning it into something any Mommy can use. Or at least one with a little baby.

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Rachel I had no idea you were so crafty! The kids clothes are beautiful! But since I have no kids, wanna make me a bag? I'll pay anything but I want a Rachel Heiser Original